Top 5 Reasons to Study Abroad
1. Study abroad gives you an opportunity to travel. Travel and have the adventure without putting your education plans on hold! You will get plenty of chance to travel and explore your new surroundings during vacations, and weekends. Make the most of your time and see all the sights! Visit neighbouring countries. If you are in Europe, it’s a hop, skip and a jump to other countries and many of the airline carriers offer rock bottom prices. If you are in the US, travel around to other states. In Australia? Visit New Zealand or Tasmania.
2. Study abroad allows you to immerse yourself in another culture.Learn about how other people live, what they believe in, what they eat, how they act and how they view the world. Learning to understand and respect other cultures is invaluable. Companies with global networks also recognize this and will appreciate the fact that you have lived overseas.
3. Study abroad will help you become more adaptable. It’s more than a classroom experience – adjusting to a new culture, in a new place many miles from home will help you become adaptable to new situations. Yes, there will be some culture shock, but it’s a new and exciting challenge and you will learn so much!
4. Study abroad broadens your perspective on the world. You will have a much more informed perspective on the world, and it will be easier for you to treat other cultures with respect, tolerance and understanding. It’s a life changing experience and you will come back with fresh ideas, perspectives and views of the world.
5. Study abroad looks good on your resume and increases your employment opportunities. The job market is becoming increasingly more competitive and it’s essential to have an edge over your counterparts. In this ever more globalized world, living in another country will set you apart from other job applicants.